Monday, September 29, 2003

Abba

Yesterday I went to my cousin Emma's baptism. I find it very hard to sit still in church and this time was no exception. Shortly after the baptism was completed, I decided I had had enough. Daddy took my into the vestibule to play with my (Emma's) toy wheeled bead maze. Evenutally, one of the ushers took pity on Daddy and told him about a mecca of toys located not far away. Daddy took me for the "hajj" to the mecca of toys and I soon became quite interested. There were other nice ladies there to take care of me and the other kids who were playing. Eventually, I noticed that niether Mommy nor Daddy were around. At times this distressed me and I called for Mommy. "Ab-baa" I said. "ab-baa!". The women who were taking care of me looked at me quizzically. I soon got interested in other toys, but then would stop occasionally to call out "Ab-baa!"

When Daddy and Mommy came to pick me up, the women asked what language I spoke. Daddy, in his funny way, said I spoke "Aidan-ese" which didn't seem to hep them to sort out the mystery. They asked directly what "abba" means and they said that I kept saying this. How silly of them. Of course, "abba" is my word for my favorite person---Mommy.

No comments: