Thursday, September 11, 2003

The Electric Slide

Lately, I've rediscovered the joys of the small sliding board in my backyard. As those of you who've visited know, my "clubhouse" is full of fun stuff. There are a series of indentations that I use to climb up. At the top is my clubhouse which has a great clock in it. "Tick tock". Then, to come down from the clubhouse, there's the convenient sliding board. The round trip up and down is always something to celebrate, so I've taken to doing the "happy sliding dance" at the end of each trip down from the slide. To do the dance, you have to bend your knees slightly and then bounce up and down while waving your arms and going, "Whee!". Then, when you're all finished, you give yourself a round of applause. I taught Mommy and Daddy the sliding board dance, and they're getting pretty good at it. But still, I am the lord of the dance, when it comes to sliding board celebrations.

I attended a playgroup this afternoon where I got to slide with abandon on a somewhat taller sliding board than the one I use regularly. This was very exciting and I went up the steps and down the slide many. many times, exclaiming, "Whee!" each time.

No comments: