Sunday, August 31, 2003

Scottish Games

Yesterday, we all went to the Scottish Games. I got to see highland dancing, which I enjoyed a lot. I like to dance around with the highland dancers n my own way. We also got to hear a Celtic rock band called Kinship, which was also lots of fun. I tried to run up onto the stage (which had some lovely steps leading to it), but Daddy wouldn't let me go there. In between, there were a whole lot of pipe bands competing with one another. This was more boring, so I used this time to take a nap. Mommy and Daddy seemed to enjoy the free scotch tasting booth. I thought it would be fun to try some scotch too and so I said "mmmmm" whenever they would take a sip. Somehow, they didn't get the hint.

There were a whole bunch of tents for each of the many clans located around the park. One of them had a really fancy Kelty stroller with great wheels. I decided that I wanted to be a member of this clan, so I charged over to check out the wheels as well as the other good stuff they had. They asked me about my shirt (which said "Am I cute or am I cool?" in Welsh. Daddy explained that while I was conceived in England (or Wales) and while I have Welsh and Irish ancestors, I have no Scottish lineage that anyone knows of. That didn't seem to bother theclan and they admitted me as an honorary Scot.

No comments: