Saturday, August 23, 2003

Elevators

The first time I got to ride standing up in an elevator was in Lake Tahoe a couple of weeks ago. I initially found it a bit scary with the motion and the closed doors and all, but gradually started to take to it. By the time we got to Maui, I decided that I loved elevators. Fortunately, the place we were staying is well equipped with elevators. Whenever I would see one, I'd run as fast as I could to get to the door. I'd point out the lights and indicate whether they were on or off. Once inside, the elevaor gets even better. I would wave goodbye to the door as it closed and then look forward to the ride. Sometimes I'd try to touch the buttons, but the only one I could easily reach was the emergency alarm bell. Daddy really didn't want to let me press this button, though I wanted to a lot. Sometimes, I'd see other people getting on elevators. I'd try to break away from Daddy's hand and hurry to get on for another exciting ride. Mostly, I didn't get to joyride in the elevator with Mommy and Daddy. However, one day a babysitter named Marian watched me for a few hours and she let me ride around for a good long while. We went up and down and in and out of the doors. Elevators are great.

No comments: