Tuesday, December 31, 2002

Having my cake...and eating it too

Yesterday was my first birthday. I'm one now. Finally an age that's above zero. I had a lovely party yesterday complete with a birthday cake. This was my first chance to eat birthday cake, and I made the most of it smearing it all over my face, my clothes, and especially in my hair. I did discover one thing though---birthday cake is not all that good in your eyes. Everywhere else it's great. The usual suspects were rounded up to come to my party and, as a special treat, Mommy bought all of us pointy party hats to wear. They all looked funny with pointy hats on their head. Mommy also bought these streamer things that you blow through and they unroll. These I found to be incredibly scary as they turned everyone into hideous mutants. I made everyone stop using these horrible devices.

My best birthday gift was from my Uncle Jack. He got me a pony! Well, it's not a real pony, but a big plastic and fur covered pony. Much like a real pony, this one has motion-activated pony sounds. Unlike a real pony, my pony doesn't eat grass, only batteries. Now how to get a pony to California?

I also got lots of other good stuff. My Auntie Max and her friend Hugh got me a bunch of college-wear, but I'm not sure who to root for. Auntie Max got me a whole Penn State ensemble, whereas Hugh got me a couple of Notre Dame outfits. Up until now, the only college-wear I had was a Cal hat that my Daddy's friend from work got for me. Now I'm confused as to who to root for.

No comments: