Sunday, December 29, 2002

Back East

I've been back east for several days now. It's a while different world here. For one thing, it snowed and snowed on Christmas Day. I haven't seen snow like this (or indeed any snow at all) since I was in Lake Tahoe last spring. On the day after Christmas, I went outside to "play" in the snow. It was pretty scary at first. I didn't like how it felt on my feet or especially on my hands. Eventually, I got a bit more used to it and tolerated being outside as my Daddy built me a baby-sized snowman. One thing that's definitely true about snow---it's cold.

I've learned some new tricks since I've been back east. Perhaps the one that is most delightful to everyone is my ability to clap. While I was able to figure out how to take tw toys and bang them together in a clapping-like manner, until very recently I never clapped without stuff in my hands. Well, I figured out how to do it. I like to clap along when people sing or chant as well as when I do something really fun like play where's the baby. Clapping is good.

No comments: