Saturday, September 21, 2002

Saturday in the park

Today is another day with Daddy. Mommy is going to again take time out for herself. I don't really mind, Daddy is fun n his own way and we always end up spending much more time outside wandering around than we do with Mommy. Yesterday, I learned a new way to eat---Asian soup bowl style. My Daddy was feeding me in the usual way last night, so I reached out to grab the bowl of oatmeal from his hands. I like to hang onto things. Pretty soon I thought it would be a good idea to suck on the rim of the bowl. Then Daddy had an insight: if he tipped the bowl back a little bit, I would be sucking on oatmeal instead of sucking on plastic. It tasted pretty good that way. He kept tipping and I kept inhaling. I ended up going through two bowls that way. Now, back to the reference earlier. Mommy thought this was a pretty goofy way for me to learn how to eat, but Daddy pointed out that by learning this style, I'll fit right in when we all go out as a family to a Japanese restaurant and I enjoy a bowl of miso soup. No spoons for soup in Japan.

No comments: