Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Big


I went to the doctor yesterday for my 4-year-old checkup (slightly delayed). While I was initially promised no shots by the nurse, there were shots---3 of them! The doctor said that I had to have these 3 sometime before kindergarten, so he and Mommy decided to get them out of the way now so I don't have to be so anxious about doctor visits in the future. I don't like shots at all. Happily, the doctor tells me that (barring tetanus shots) I won't need another shot until I'm around ten years old. Yippee!

I also had my first hearing and vision tests. I was very good at hearing the beeps and raising my hand. The eye exam was kind of neat because it reminded me of Thomas the Train. My eye chart had various shapes on it of different sizes, including a bunch of "level-crossing shape"(s). Most people would call this a "plus," but I guess they are not as familiar with railroads as I am! The nurse got a huge kick out of my name for that shape.

They also weighed and measured me to see how I'm growing relative to other 4 year old boys. If you'll recall, shortly after I was born, I was in about the 5th percentile for height and weight. Eventually I made it into the 15th and then the 25th percentile. Well, I had a big growth spurt this past year. I'm now in the 75th percentile for height and weight. In other words, I'm big!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Aidan,

You're certainly getting to be a big boy!

Glad you're enjoying that chocolate bunny!

And yes, we can bake cupcake with chocolate icing and colored sprinlkles the next time you come to Pennsylvania!

Love,