Friday, October 28, 2005

When I grow up, I want to be...

When I grow up, I want to be a garbageman.

I like reading a book called "Learn the Names of 100 Trucks." It's filled with lots of different kinds of trucks, logging trucks, construction trucks, semis, street sweepers, and so on. My favorite is the pink garbage truck. Whenever I come to that page, I tell Daddy, "When I grow up, I want to be a garbageman." I go on to tell him that I like the idea of getting to load all the interesting colored garbage cans and riding in a big pink truck. Daddy offers some alternatives: Pointing at a semi, he asks, "Wouldn't you rather be a long-haul trucker. After all, it's a great life. You get to live in your truck and eat all your meals at special restaurants called truck stops."

"No. I want to be a garbageman!" I say. (FYI- The garbage trucks where I live are especially cool since they have special mechanical arms that lift the garbage cans up and dump the trash into the truck. These are even nicer than the one in the book except that they are not pink.) When I am a garbageman, I want a rainbow-colored truck!

I also want to be a balloon salesman, operate a huge pile driver (also in my 100 Trucks book), and be a "rocket man" (astronaut) so I can go to the moon where I can jump really high owing to the lack of gravity. Preferably, I'll do all of these jobs everyday-- garbageman in the morning, balloonman in the afternoon, pile driver in the evening, and spaceman at night. Mommy says that I'm going to be very busy and asks me when I'm going to sleep. I always say that I'm never tired anyway-- who needs sleep?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chooch would be proud! (Ask your Daddy for more details on Chooch.)