Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Trouble with Balloons

A new game, which I like a lot is, "Don't Let the Balloon Touch the Ground". In this game, you have to hit a balloon to keep it up in the air. It's lots of fun and I'm very good at it. I can keep a balloon up in the air more or less indefinitely although sometimes I like to intentionally let the balloon touch the ground.

The trouble with balloons comes from playing with Daddy. He seems to have bad luck when it comes to balloons. We played this game outside during the weekend and the balloon hit a sharp blade of grass and popped. We played inside yesterday and the balloon hit our textured ceiling inside the house and popped. It makes me very sad when balloons pop and I demand an immediate replacement for the fallen balloon. Last night, we were going to eat dinner when the balloon popped, so no replacement was forthcoming. This made me VERY ANGRY. I cried and complained bitterly about this unfortunate turn of events. The trouble with balloons is that they pop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Aidan,

No need to carry on about a burst balloon. Lots of other things to do!

But the next time you have a balloon, try this: Rub it on your hair. This creates static electricity and will allow it to cling to a wall.

Thank you for the pictures you sent to me! I especially like that Jack-O'-Lantern!

Love,

Anonymous said...

Hi Aidan, Well, this is going to be a busy week-end at your house - as you know, Halloween is Monday. The big question I have for you, of course, is what/who are you going to impersonate? Nainnie is coming to my house in Ashley and we will let the Halloweeners come in. It will be lots of fun. I'm guessing Nainnie is coming as Tony LaRussa and I'll be Joe [PA] Paterno. You don't know who these guys are, but ask your Daddy. They are associated with sports. Do you have any balloons that are the color of pumpkins? HAVE A GREAT TIME ON MONDAY, AIDAN. LOVE YOU, Auntie Max

ATM said...

I will be a friendly, flying dragon, Auntie Max! (I love the PBS Kids show, Dragon Tales!)