Monday, October 24, 2005

Marble soda...and all things Japanese


Yesterday night was a lot of fun. The whole three family went downtown for dinner and visiting shops. My first stop was the Apple Store, which is really fun. Initially all the little back balls that you sit on were occupied with other children, so I had to listen to music on iPods instead. A little later, a spot opened up and I got to play on the computers. I played a Nemo game and a preschool game that I really like.

After that, Daddy gave me several choices for where to go to dinner. I picked---what else---the sushi place. The sushi place features a really fun drink, marble soda (shown in the picture), as well as lots of other good stuff. You can read about marble soda here. I had miso soup, ikura (sushi rolls made with salmon roe), gyoza (pot stickers), tobago (an egg sushi), and lots of other good stuff.

We finished off the evening with a trip to Barnes and Noble where we played with Thomas. Along the way, we sang the Petula Clark song "Downtown" as well walked along the sidewalks under the lights.

Downtown!
Things'll be great when you're
Downtown!
Don't wait a minute more
Downtown!
Everything's waiting for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Japanese soda looks interesting! One of these days, I'll have to try some of these Japanese foods!

Love,