Tuesday, September 20, 2005

National Zoo Part I


Here are some photos from one of the two days that Mommy and I visited the National Zoo while we were in Washington DC. We had to ride a bus and two Metro trains to get there. The travel is as good as the zoo itself! I got Mommy some free newspapers at the bus stop too! My absolute favorite zoo animals were the naked mole rats, but you will have to wait to see them a bit longer since they are not in this batch. You will see lovely animals like pandas, otters, giraffes and elephants though-- even an elephant shrew with a long, twitchy nose! (The pandas on the video screen are the Mommy Panda and the new panda cub, who was about 6 weeks old when we took the pictures. (You can read more about him, see the panda cam, and even vote for his name on the zoo web site.) The mommy and cub are being kept away from the public until the baby is older. The one eating bamboo in the color photos is the daddy.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! You look like you're really enjoying your ride on the Metro!

Maybe I'll join you at the Zoo some time if I can be assured that the Metro stations have elevators for me!

Love,