Monday, April 25, 2005

Cow Quest


A Map of Our Walk Posted by Hello

Daddy and I went out for a walk in one of the many open space parks near our house. We were on a quest for cows. Since the grass is currently all green from the rains, the cows like to eat in many of the open space areas. This is a fun way to get up close and personal with cows. In fact, you can lay in the pasture with them if they're in the right kind of mood. Anyway, Daddy and I set out yesterday on our cow quest. I've marked the route on the map (which is a lot easier to read if you clikc on it to make it big). We started at the "X" labeled "Car Here" and made a big loop. It was my longest walk ever---covering about 2.5 miles. We finally spotted the cows near Benham Court (which you'll find at the circled "T" on the map about halfway around the loop). Along the way, we saw a swamp (fancifully named "Bullfrog Pond", a whole bunch of birds and squirrels, some hawks, lots of flowers (I like the yellow ones), and some of our neighbors. They were impressed with my strong legs. It was a great walk. At the end of it, I didn't want to go back. I asked Daddy if we could stay outside forever. He pointed out that we lacked a tent, as well as sufficient food and water, so things would not be much fun. That was enough to convince me to come home for lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now this looks like a wonderful walk! Maybe I can join you the next time I visit.

We have cows to see here, too. On Doran's Farm (aka Dornies', or Dornies's). If you come at the right time of year, you can see the cows grazing in the pasture as you round the bend on St. Mary's Road.

Love,