Thursday, April 14, 2005

Apple cookies

Lately I've been really interested in playing with Play Doh. One of my favorite things to do with this stuff is to use my rolling pin to roll it out flat and then use my apple shaped cookie cutter to make apple cookies of various colors. I stakc my apple cookies neatly to the side of the dough rolling area so that they will stay nice. Sometimes, I cut out an apple cookie where the cookie cutter just misses the edge of the dough. This results in an apple cookie with a bit taken out of it.

"Who bitted it?" I ask.

I kind of like the idea of people biting my cookies. The other fun thing to do with these cookies is to count them. I'm getting very good at counting and even did some rudimentary addition yesterday with Daddy. I had three purple cookies and three white cookies. Daddy asked me how many cookies of all types I had. I was able to count them all out together to obtain a figure of six cookies. Yay for Aidan! Daddy was quite pleased with this feat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Play-Doh!

As I recall, your Daddy learned some math skills from watching "High Rollers" (starring Alex Trebek) when he was about your age.

Love,