Saturday, May 07, 2005

Science Fair

Today, we went to a Science Fair in Lafayette. It featured a lot of interesting things like magnetism, how batteries work, "lava" from a volcano and rockets powered by baking soda and vinegar. I loved the fair and even got to take home a new pet---a worm that turned the compost in the school where the fair took place into nice soil. I put the worm into our garden in hopes that he could duplicate that feat.

Later in the afternoon, we went hunting for Mother's Day gifts and cards for Mommy. Initially, I wanted to go to a bunch of stores (notably the Thomas store [Barnes and Noble] and the Apple Store) to play. Daddy noted that we had to "work" first to find Mommy's gift. While that seemed interesting enough intially, I soon tired of "work" and wanted to go right to play. Work is a lot harder than play. I noted that both Mommy and Daddy seemed to work very hard, but that, happily, Aidan didn't have to work much at all. It would be nice if this situation were always the case. Anyway, we picked out some nice things and I nice card for Mommy and came home. We worked efficiently enough that there was some time for playing too.

When we came home, I remembered the "experiments" in the science fair and wanted to run some of my own. Daddy seems to really like experiments. We tried several experiments in whether things float or sink. We determined that corks float and Little People (TM) float. Quarters, however, sink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Aidan,

I'll bet your Mommy was pleased with the gift and card you and your Daddy picked out for her.
It feels good to do something nice for someone who loves you very much.
Bet you got a big hug!

Love,