Monday, August 30, 2004

A Perfect Child

On Saturday we went to visit Daddy's colleague Ernesto and his family. He's got a daughter named Bianca who is almost two. She's got a lot of interesting toys. Anyway, the event was an Argentine style barbecue. While the food selection started off well (artisan bread with brie, mmmmm), the Argentines tend to favor the "cavalcade of meats" style of barbecue. Ernesto cooked chicken, sausages, and Chateaubriand---none of which I found interesting. However, I did find the toys and the yard quite interesting and amused myself as Mommy and Daddy talked and ate for about 3 hours. The other people at this party were amazed at how independent I was and said I was "a perfect child." That was very nice of them to say, and I did have fun.

I'm starting to get the hang of this politeness thing Mommy and Daddy keep talking about. For instance, I've now figured out that I'm much more likely to get what I want when I say please rather than merely barking orders. For instance, yesterday when I asked Daddy to please where his train shirt (a shirt that Auntie Max gave him for Christmas a year or two ago), he happily put it on. This shirt and his aloha shirt with parrots are my two favorites. If I had my way, Daddy would wear these two shirts every day.

By the way, some of you may have noticed the little envelope icon that has now appeared at the bottom of each of my blogs. This lets you send a blog entry that you think is particularly interesting as a e-mail link to someone who does not regularly read the blog (hard as that is to believe).

No comments: