Friday, August 13, 2004

Aidan Says Yes

I've noticed that saying something, like no or yes, is strongly correlated with whether I get to do what I want to do or not. For instance, if I say, "Aidan have a cookie?" and Mommy says "Yes" then I get a cookie. If she says no, I don't. Since yes is the magic word, I recently came across a solution that ensures I get what I want when I request something. Here's how it goes: First, I make a request for something. "Aidan have x?" and listen for Mommy's response. If it's yes then all is well and I can proceed. If it's no, then I offer the following, "Aidan says yes." This invokes the magic word, "yes", and should ensure that I get what I want. While this seems like it has to work, so far it hasn't proven as good a strategy in practice as in theory. Mommy somehow does not like "Aidan says yes." Somehow my yeses don't mean the same as hers. Well, just have to keep trying.

Daddy helped me make this nice flowchart.
 Posted by Hello

No comments: