Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Current Song Lineup

After story time, it's songs time before I go to sleep. Songs time is one of the nicest times. Mommy turns the lights down low. I jump up on Mommy's lap and nestle my head underneath hers and then we sing songs. Usually, I make requests; however the requests come in more or less a standard order which is as follows:

Hushabye
Brahms' Lullabye
Raindrops on Roses
Baa baa black sheep

---Intermission----
At the intermission, I'll go out an fetch Daddy for Act II.

Twinkle twinkle
She sells seashells

And the finale, Wimoweh

Mommy and Daddy have evolved the words to the finale. The last verse now goes:

In the bedroom, the quiet bedroom, the Aidan sleeps tonight
In the bedroom, the quiet bedroom, the Aidan sleeps tonight

Then Mommy and Daddy vamp the Wimoweh part as they carry me to my crib. Mommy grabs the top part of me ("Mommy body") while Daddy takes the lower half ("Daddy legs") They put me into my crib and then do a slow fadeout of the Wimowehs as they wish me a good night.

No comments: