Monday, February 02, 2004

"C" is for everything

Sunday is "Addy Day" in our household---Addy typically does stuff with me the whole day and gives Mommy a much needed day off. Anyway, yesterday was a rainy day here, so our usual strategy of going for walks and playing in the park was a no-go. Instead, Addy decided to drive us to a big indoor mall called the Stoneridge mall. We got there early---about 9:30---before any of the stores opened. This was fine with both of us since we really had nothing to buy. It was also good because it let me run around and be free without lots of other pesky shoppers getting in my way. There are lots of fun things in malls. One of my favorites was the escalator. I liked to ride up and down and up and down...and up and down...over and over again. Indeed, I really never get tired of escalator rides. Addy apparently does though. He wanted to stop after our fourth consecutive round trip. Elevators are also fun. Stoneridge has an elevator with windows on all sides. I liked looking out the window at the people as we went up and down.

The comedy highlight of the day involved the letter "C", one of my favorite letters. There are lots of big letters on the signs for the stores in the mall. Addy would ask me what different letters were and often I would tell him. Then, I decided to play a kind of joke. No matter what letter Addy pointed at, I would tell him it was the letter "C" and smile and laugh. He thought this was quite amusing as well. We looked at a big sign for an ATM. "What letter is this?" Addy would ask, pointing at the "A".

"C!" I would say confidently, smiling at him. He looked at me doubtfully and laughed. He moved on to to the "T" (which was tough for me to keep a straight face while saying "C" to in that "T" is a really great letter. It even resembles a golf tee, which is one of my favorite objects. Similarly with "M".

By the end of the morning, I was really tired and went to sleep in the car. It was a busy, but very fun, day.

No comments: