Thursday, February 26, 2004

Maisy

Last weekend, Daddy and I went out shopping. Well, we went out shopping in the crazy Daddy way where we get to the mall before it opens and I get to run around and explore. Anyway, after things opened, we found a warehouse bookstore and explored there. I was attracted to a number of large boxes that looked good for climbing into. Daddy put me in a nearly empty box and I frolicked in the books at the bottom of the box. One of the books I found was about the character Maisy, who is a mouse. In this book, Maisy was working on a farm. The best thing about this book is that it had lots of little handles to pull Maisy up and down a ladder, ride a tractor and so on. Finally, we left the store and, on leaving, I cried out plaintively "Maisy, Maisy."

That was enough to melt Daddy's heart and get him to buy the book for me. He gave me the money to hand to the salesperson, and I got to take the Maisy book home with me. It's one of my favorite books now. I especially like it when Daddy reads it to me.

No comments: