Monday, February 16, 2004

Teeth!

My Daddy was in charge of me on Sunday as Mommy went out to see a concert by someone named Cecilia Bartoli. She even waited in line after the concert to get her autograph. Meanwhile, it was a pretty overcast day. Daddy originally had in mind to go on a hiking trail somewhere but the combination of the weather and my unwillingness to get into the car dissuaded him of this. In stead, we went to the park across from the house. I did lots of sliding on the sliding board. The best was when Daddy would hold my hand on the way down and give me some extra acceleration. Whee!

We had to leave the park when a large and overly friendly dog came to visit. I really don't trust dogs that are significantly bigger than I am. This guy gave me a bunch of kisses and then wouldn't leave.

"Bye bye woof." I said.

The dog just looked at me and circled around.

"Bye bye woof"

No response from the dog. Obviously he was not getting the message.

Eventually, I became so distraught over the dog following us that Daddy had to carry me home.

The afternoon was a bit better. We went out in the backyard where I discovered my big red wagon. I love my wagon---and especially the long wagon rides Daddy takes me on. We went round the whole neighborhood. I would greet everyone as we passed. I'm evolving a preferred style of conversation that I perfected when dealing with the little people and the golf balls with smiley faces on them. I look the person straight in the eyes and, with a big smile, say "hi". Usually the other person says hi back to me. This signifies the end of the conversation, so I say "bye bye" and turn my gaze in another direction.

No comments: