Monday, January 19, 2004

Royal Vista

Yesterday, the whole family went to Royal Vista golf course to hit some "ballf balls." As we arrived, I noticed a couple of abandoned ballf balls in an ashtray. I absolutely had to have them, so Mommy and washed them off and gave them to me. The first part of our time was spent with Mommy hitting the ball and Addy supervising me. I found lots of good stuff around the driving range. In addition to the two ballf balls, I found a couple of tees and a broken rubber tee thingy used for the mats of the driving range. One of my favorite activities was to put a wooden tee inside one of the rubber tee thingies, pull it back, and then make it fly. "Whee," I said as the tee sailed away. I also pulled out some of Mommy's clubs and hit some balls myself.

After we were done driving, we went over to the putting green. I was initially helping Mommy and Addy to putt. They would hit a ball toward the hole, and I would intercept it. Then I would pick it up and deposit it in the hole. This way, Mommy and Addy made every one of their putts. Surprisingly, they didn't want this help even though it meant sometimes (or most of the time) they would not make their putts. Instead, Addy took me over to look at the big lake surrounding the 9th green. We saw lots of waterfowl there: herons, ibises, pelicans, ducks, and, my favorite, swans. Later, the swans came to visit us. They were eating grass on the ground. I was so excited by the swans that I decided I wanted to be a swan too. I got down on the ground like a swan and pretended to eat grass just like they were doing.

After my big morning, I fell asleep soon after we got into the car to drive home.

No comments: