Wednesday, January 07, 2004

A Night at the Opera

Last night, Mommy went with her friends to the San Francisco Opera where she saw La Boheme. Since I'm not yet an opera buff (and since Addy is a Philistine), she left the two of us to hang out at home. Initially, I was pretty distraught about Mommy leaving, but soon enough I rediscovered the joys of the Little People and was happy again. Addy has a much different management style than does Mommy. For instance, in eating, we mostly shared everything. Addy had cheese and crackers as a kind of starter and so did Aidan. By the way, the trick of balancing the cheese on the cracker is a tough one. I used to have a terrible time with this, but I'm getting better. The secret seems to be not to turn the cracker to a vertical position when inserting into one's mouth. Later in the evening, we had pizza. Now normally I sit in my high chair with my own tray. Tonight, however, Addy wanted a dinner companion, so he pushed my high chair up to the table, removed the little tray, and had me eat directly off the table. He offered me a host of different choices, but pizza was my preferred option. I especially like the cheese on the pizza. The crust, however, is nothing very interesting.

After that we had a bath and then Addy read me stories. I like my bedtime routine with him to be different than that with Mommy. For instance, Mommy has me sit on the big chair with her while she reads stories. Addy tried to do this as well, but I didn't like it since it reminded me that Mommy was not there. I preferred to stand next to him and check out the stories on my feet. Later, he tried to sing to me before bed. I didn't like this either. What was okay was when he put me in my crib and had Piggy sing the A-B-C song.

No comments: