Saturday, July 20, 2002

Maplewood

We went for a ride to visit my Mommy and Daddy's friends Ernie and Helen Marie and their son Connor. I got to ride through the worst thunderstorm I can ever remember. The rain was coming down so hard that it was making really loud rat a tat tatting on the top of the car and covered the back window with water. Happily, we eventually made it to their house. It was neat to meet Connor. He seemed quite interested in me. In fact, when he went to bed (he has an earlier bedtime than I do since I pretty much sleep when I want to ) instead of asking his Mommy for a story, he said to her "Tell me about Aidan." He wanted to know about me!

I got a couple of outfits from Ernie, Helen Marie, and Connor. One of these, which they say will help me to fit in at Berkeley, is a tie-dyed onesie sort of outfit. They also got me a cool ball with a bell in it. It's got holes so it's easy for me to grip. Even Connor liked it. In fact, he liked it so much he tried to take it away from me.

Earlier in the day, my Mommy took me to a company picnic for a company she used to work for. Everyone admired me and thought I was very cute. For me, the highlight was having my caricature done. The artist depicted me as a baseball player holding a bat. (Even though I've never held a bat or even stood under my own power.) Still, the face looks a lot like mine. I have to say that I'm a darn attractive little guy.

No comments: