Friday, July 05, 2002

It's been really busy for the past several days, so I have not had much chance to write. Let me catch you up on the lastest. On Saturday, June 28, we moved our stuff from Stanford to our new place in the east bay in Walnut Creek. It seems like a great place. I am especially lucky in that, for the moment, I have more furniture than either my Mommy or Daddy. The only piece of furniture they have there is a rocking chair that they had to disassemble to fit in the U-haul. I, on the other hand, have a crib, that our friends Rhona and Jeremy gave to us, my big swing, my little swing, and my bouncy seat. I can sit in any room of the house and sleep in a proper bed. My parents get to sit on the floor and sleep on an air mattress.

The next day, I got to go on another plane ride. Always I get the same worried looks on the faces of the passengers seated around me when I come aboard a plane. I try to reassure them by smiling sweetly and giggling a little. When we frist took off, I was up and ready to explore my world. Plane's are interesting what with all the lights and dials for air conditioning and all the people walking back and forth. I particularly caught the eye of one flight attendant who was from Hawaii. She kept stopping by to visit me and talk to me. Evenentually, she rounded up a whole bunch of pillows and blankets and made a soft cushiony chair on the tray table nearest the aisle so I could hang out there.

For much of the flight I slept though. Interestingly, at the end of the flight that other people around me wore big smiles instead of concerned expressions. Everyone said what a good baby I am. Of course, I already know this.

On arriving in the east, I immediately noticed one key difference---it's ungodly humid in the east. We landed a little past midnight and still it was 82 degrees and 82% humidity. Sitting in carseats and the like makes me sweat even under lesser humidity. I was a wet little guy in no time. We got a car a drove to my Mommy and Daddy's other place in New Jersey. It seems that for the month of July they are land barons owning places (and debt) on both coasts. The New Jersey house is very nice (and air conditioned too). Unfortunately, there was no good place for me to sleep when we got there. I slept on the floor and Mommy on the couch next to me.

We didn't stay in New Jersey long though. We were soon off to my ancestral homeland---what my parents refer to as "old country"---the Wyoming Valley. I got to meet lots of people there. Of course, I got to see both my grandmothers again as well as meeting numerous aunts and uncles. Best of all, I got to go swimming during a hot afternoon. Swimming is great on a hot, humid day. I also got to experience my first thunderstorm. Thunder is loud and a little bit scary.

Last night was the 4th of July so people set off lots of fireworks. These are too loud and scary for me, so I spent much of the evening inside. I did see some sparklers though. My Daddy wanted to let em hold a sparkler since I'm good at gripping things, but no one else thought that was a good idea at all.

No comments: