Monday, April 29, 2002

Not that I'm not always the greatest company in the world, but my Mommy wanted to go off and do some shopping by herself, so on Saturday my Daddy took care of me instead. We got to do many fun things together. For a while, he kept me entertained with the following exciting game: He would initially keep his head some distance from mine and then slowly swoop in toward me. As he did so, he said the word "baaaaaa-byyyyy" in a high pitched voice. This I found to be hilariously funny. When I'm really amused, I give a big open mouthed smile (not exactly a toothy smile though since I have no teeth) and kind of gurgle. This was great.

We also watched some movies together. Daddy has noticed that my taste in movies tends to run to edgier stuff. The afternoon's movie menu was a kind of controlled experiment to test this effect. Early in the afternoon, during one of my feedings, we watched "Sexy Beast" together. As far as I can tell, this movie consists almost entirely of English swear words and yelling. I was spellbound. I turned my head to the side of the bouncy seat and stared intently at the screen throughout the picture. Later in the afternoon, we watched "Serendipity", a light romantic comedy with John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale. This movie was not the least bit edgy at all, and I paid no attention. Of course, my favorite movie of all time is Traffic. I think as I get older, I'm starting to exude the same smoldering sexuality as Benicio del Toro (or maybe not).

No comments: