Monday, April 08, 2002

Sleepy Guy

I seem to have fallen into a new equilibrium in my eating. Starting last week, I decided that my usual amount of food (110ccs) was not nearly enough to keep me happy. My Mommy decided to increase my food amount to 125ccs, which made me a lot happier. Still, I would get hungry pretty frequently and by Friday, I was eating her out of house and home. I slowed down some over the weekend.

In addition to eating more at a sitting, I'm able to go longer between meals, particularly at night. On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights I went five to six hours between feedings. Actually, I could have gone longer on some of these but my Mommy woke me up. This is a happy thing since six hour intervals are much more conducive to normal sleep than were my usual four hour ones.

On Sunday, we all got in the car to drive to the Pacific Ocean. It was very sunny and pretty until we crossed over to the other side of the Santa Cruz mountains. There we found lots of clouds over the ocean. I saw several surfers and got to wander around the beach a bit (actually, Mommy wandered and I rode along). I had to get bundled up very warmly against the strong sea breeze. I was wearing my insulated SnoKid hat, but my Mommy turned the iconic snowflake to the other side to seem more in the beachy spirit.

That night, we went to Chevy's, a Mexican restaurant chain. The highlight for me was the balloon man, who came by and made me a teddy bear hugging a heart. The big red balloon heart is shiny and pretty. It fascinates me. To show my approval, I kicked the balloon bear a couple of times.

My Nain (Grandmother Diana) is going back to Wilkes-Barre today. I'll miss her. She liked to hold me and feed me. She also sang some odd little songs like "The Troll of the Hill." She also had an odd way of asking me whether I needed to burp. Instead of asking me directly, like my Mommy does, she would gently inquire, "Does baby have a bubble? Do you have a bubble?" She would also describe my expression when I was hungry as my "angry purple face." I suppose I do turn a little bit purple while telling the adults around me that I'm hungry. That's only because I'm using all my energy to convey to them forcefully my feelings.

No comments: