Monday, April 15, 2002

Sleepy Boy

I set a new sleeping record last night. In fact, I was so effective at sleeping that my Mommy is starting to get worried about me. I had been pretty hungry for much of the day (in fact Mommy was barely keeping up with my eating) and it looked like I might be enjoying some formula last night if things did not change. Well, they did change. I ate at 10:30 last night, went to bed, and did not get up again until 6am. Really, I was not even up then, Mommy woke me. I was happy enough to eat when I awoke.

This delay in eating got Mommy sufficiently concerned that she got out the thermometer to take my temperature (well within normal range), and she cracked open a zillion baby books to see what was going on. My Daddy seemed unconcerned. If anything, he's probably happy that I'm already able to sleep through the night.

On Saturday night, I had a bath. This was the first time since I was in the hospital that my Mommy and Daddy both helped bathe me. Normally Mommy does this, but one Saturday when she was out shopping, my Daddy tried it on his own. This event was a total disaster. I get very upset almost immediately. Also, in his confusion over trying to keep my head above water, juggle all the towels and washcloths and so on, my Daddy neglected to take off my socks, so my feet were sodden. This was no fun. Thankfully, Mommy is actually competent at bathing me so I had a nice bath. This was good because it was very hot here over the weekend, and I was sweaty.

Today I see a new relative -- my Uncle Jack.

No comments: