Wednesday, April 24, 2002

Sniffle snuffle

I encountered a new and not so great milestone a couple of days ago. For the first time in my life, I have the sniffles. I don't really like it very much. For one thing, it makes it harder to enjoy a refreshing bottle of milk. The reason is that with my nose stuffed up, I like to breathe through my mouth. But this gets in the way of eating and sometimes I miscoordinated the two activities and end up sputtering and having to take a break from the happy pleasure of milk drinking.

It's been hot here lately and Mommy seems to have picked out some special rubberized diapers for swimming. I've never been swimming before, but it sounds great--like the world's biggest bath. After initially having some trepidations about baths, I've really warmed to them. I like to splash and laugh and wiggle around. Apparently with this "pool" thing, there's lots of room to do all these activities. I can't wait.

Since I've been sniffly, I've also been a lot more sleepy. I spent much of the day yesterday just relaxing and dozing on and off. I did wake up to watch the Yankees-A's game with my Daddy last night. The Yankees won on a two run homer by Jorge Posada. Daddy and I were both delighted.

I'm growing bigger all the time. Daddy weighed me this morning and I now weigh 15 pounds! I'm now on the brink of being dangerously large for several of my baby toys. Mommy also counted up the days since my birth and notes that I'm FOUR months old today. Happy birthday to me.

No comments: