Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Now Pitching for the Oakland A's --- Joe Blanton


We went to the A's game tonight. It was really fun. The A's were playing the Blue Jays, so I got to see Frank Thomas and his steel bar. Frank didn't really make any great hits (though he did hit one ball deep to center field), but it was nice to see him anyway. The star of the game was Joe Blanton, who pitched the entire game and only gave up one run. He was outstanding.

In my balloon baseball games, Blanton is the go-to guy if Danny Haren (the usual starter) is not pitching well. Often, I'll substitute pitchers if things are not going as they should and Daddy, playing his beloved Boston Red Sox, is winning.

After the game, we saw the fireworks. They open up the outfield and the baselines for people who want to watch the fireworks from th field. Initially, I thought this would be a good idea until I saw all the people coming out onto the field. There were a zillion of them. The fireworks were spectacular. I held my fingers in my ears because I don't like the noise, but the fireworks themselves were very pretty in the night sky. They turn off all the lights in the stadium when they do the fireworks, which is also kind of neat.

It was a great night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Now punching for the Oakland A's, Joe Blanton!"