Monday, July 23, 2007

Hat Day and Danny Haren


Yesterday, Daddy and I went to the A's game. We didn't have tickets, so we talked about where might be a good spot to get. I decided that I wanted to be in the 3rd or 4th row. Fortunately, we were able to get tickets in the third row right behind the A's bullpen. These were really fun seats. We were out early enough that the Orioles (the other team) were still taking batting practice while the A's pitchers were stretching and tossing the ball near us. I noticed one guy running and doing stretches and said that he looked just like Danny Haren. Daddy replied,

That's because he IS Danny Haren.


I couldn't believe how close we were to Danny. It was amazing. We also saw Joe Blanton, who was throwing a pretend ball for a while as well as Huston Street. But things got even better after the stretches were over. It turned out that Danny Haren was signing autographs by the dugout. I was able to make my way right to the fence and, since it was hat day, I gave Danny a nice white hat to sign. I also smiled and waved at him and said hello. A couple of other people around knew how much I liked Danny (since I basically announced this fact when we first got to our seats) and shouted to him that I was his biggest fan. I still can't believe that I got to meet Danny Haren.

Unfortunately, the rest of the game was not quite as good. Wile I did have cotton candy and other goodies, the A's did not play well. They were shut out 2-0 and hardly managed any hits at all. I was very disappointed that they didn't manage even one run. As we were leaving the stadium and said, "Goodbye Danny Haren. Goodbye baseball field. Goodbye BAD baseball game." I definitely think they need Frank Thomas back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are a lucky boy!That's something you'll remember for a long time!

Love,