Monday, July 02, 2007

Advertisements

Yesterday, we were playing Deal or No Deal, as we often do, when I took a break for dessert and milk. Since it was a break in the game, I decided that, like the real game, we needed to fill the break with commercials.

While I don't watch that much TV, I am attracted to (and have great recall of) commercials. Sometimes I use this knowledge in unexpected ways. For instance, one of my school friends had a bladder infection that caused him to have to use the bathroom frequently. Seeing his difficulty, I helpfully suggested that he might try a product (called Avodart but I didn't remember the name) designed for men with a "going problem" that I had seen on TV. I thought this was very helpful and timely information for my friend.

Anyway, back to Deal or no Deal: During the commercial break, each of the people in the house took turns making up commercials. Daddy seemed to come up with classic commercial lines like "I can't believe I ate the whole thing." (One of my favorites.) Mommy and Nainnie favored musical numbers like the Dr. Pepper theme song and the Oscar Mayer bologna song. I went for products to cure various problems. One of my best was "Key Ah" for when you have pain in your legs. Simply apply "Key Ah" and you legs will be "unpained." Works for feet too!

No comments: