Monday, July 23, 2007

Baseball Cards


Last week, I got a package from my cousin Emma. In it was a very nice picture she made as well as a bunch of baseball cards. This weekend, Daddy and I took the baseball cards out for a spin by playing a baseball card game we made up together. In this game, there are nine little people located on a poker table roughly in the positions of normal baseball players. We then lean a baseball card against each little person so that we have real players on the field. The hitter takes a poker chip (a white one so it looks like a ball) and rolls it across the poker table. If the chip hits any of the cards, then it's an out and the person on the card is presumed to have fielded the ball successfully. If not, then, depending on how far the ball goes, it's either a single, double, or home run. After three outs, we switch sides and the game continues like this for nine innings.

Saturday's game consisted of the Oakland A's (my team) against the All-Stars (Daddy's team). The all-stars are players that came from Emma. While the All-Stars managed to win with a late inning comeback, the A's managed several home runs and did a lot of scoring. I also discovered a new A's pitcher who I like--Jay Marshall. He has a great baseball card and, best of all, he's a submariner. I especially like submarine pitchers. This may be the most fun baseball game ever. I love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that was nice to get something from Emma! And your Daddy can sure make upp a lot of interesting games!

I do like your "baseball card" picture!

Love,