Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Butterflies

I love butterflies. I have read many butterfly picture books over and over with Mommy and Daddy (i.e.,The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle, Waiting for Wings by Lois Ehlert) as well as Caterpillar Spring, Butterfly Summer. (The butterfly pops out in 3-D at the end of this one!) I also have a butterfly hat that Nainnie bought me at Yosemite Park last July. Anyway, one of my favorite games on the couch is pretending to be a caterpillar building a chrysallis around himself (couch pillows) and then emerging from the chrysallis to dry his wings, fly and search for nectar. Many, many butterflies test their wings in our family room.

I highly recommend any books by Eric Carle or Lois Ehlert. They are great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that hat! I think part (or all) of it was foam rubber. Emma got a foam rubber monkey on a (flexible) stick at HersheyPark. The monkey did, however, have to ride in the luggage when they flew back home.

I think I remember some of those books.

Love,