Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I lost my poor meatball

When we go to Kindergym, they always have some sort of children's music playing in the background. I immediately start grooving and have a reputation as a dancer. In fact, there is currently one raised mat area that I use as my "stage." Sometimes, Mommy and I act out the songs. A favorite game of mine at Kindergym is pretending to be the bear from "The Bear Went Over the Mountain." I climb up and over an arch-shaped piece of equipment and then hide under the arch after moving stuff over to make a door for the cave where I hibernate. This week, the song, "On Top of Spaghetti" was playing. Mommy sang along, and then I decided to be the meatball in the song.

Anyway, being a meatball involved stacking big, black tire tubes six high to be the bowl. Then Aidan the Meatball would climb out of the bowl, jump onto Mommy, roll across the floor, and hide under a giant, green pillow-like thing (an item that kids generally land on when they jump off of other things). I liked being a meatball so much that I played this game for most of the time we were at Kindergym. I even played a version for a while at the playground outside before shifting to chef mode and serving spinach souffle and pancakes. After I finished "cooking," Mommy and I played in the sand, where I became a scoop truck (front loader) by positioning a very long shovel between my knees as I walked around. Imagination is a wonderful thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Aidan,

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun! KinderGym is indeed a fun place! I was there with you and your Mommy at least once.

It's great to make up your own games too!

Love,