Monday, January 17, 2005

Plows

After having visited the snow (twice) during my trip back east, I've decided that it is winter in the Island of Sodor (where Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends live). Winter is a tricky time if you're a train becuase snow can easily block the tracks or you can get hit by the random avalanche as well. On Saturday, faced with increasing number of snow related "cathatrophes" on the line, Daddy and I got together to build some plows for my engines so they could mke it through the snow. Daddy found some construction paper in colors to match each engine and then drew a plow pattern for me to cut out. With a little help, I cut out a plow for Thomas and a plow for Percy and Daddy fastened the plows on with scotch tape. Next, I made my own plow design for Henry. It was a bit jagged on the bottom to really push the snow out of the way. We taped that plow on too. Soon, the trains were busy shuttling freight around Brendam Bay. Occasionally they would run into snow drifts, but the plows enabled them to push through.

Hooray for plows.

No comments: