Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Out and About in my Underwear

For about a week and a half now, I have been going out and about in my underwear. I have been doing a very good job of using potties of all sizes and shapes with mommy's help. Three days ago, I even went into the bathroom and decided to poop in the toilet-- a big step since I would only poop in my diaper before then. Now I have done this 3 or 4 days in a row. (I prefer to do this on my own and then go tell mommy so that she can cheer and help me clean myself.) Mommy and Daddy have been rewarding my pottying accomplishments with stickers (as well as other gifts for a certain number of stickers). I'm all in favor of bribery!

I still use my diapers for napping and sleeping overnight as well as for those ambivalent times when I just don't want to give up the wet diaper I've slept in, and I still need some help with my pants sometimes, but I am doing a great job with toilet training!

Please note that this does not make me a "big" boy. I do not want to be a big boy or a man, and I do not want anyone to call me "big." I am me. Aidan is a boy, but not a big one. Aidan is two and good at using the potty.

No comments: