Friday, October 15, 2004

Bone-Jarring

One of my favorite games to play with Daddy is tackling. We take turns being the linebacker and the ball carrier. Either way, it's fun to go charging into Daddy and all fall down in a pile with sound effects. My favorite kind of tackle is where Daddy kneels near our love seat and I go charging in. This typically results in a pile of arms and legs and Aidans on top of the love seat. Daddy describes this kind of tackle as "bone-jarring." Since this is my favorite kind of tackle, I sometimes request it:

More bone-jarring Daddy? More bone-jarring tackling?


Sometimes when Daddy is not available for tackling, I'll come charging into the love seat myself. This is also great fun though it's not tackling. Instead, I call it "doinking" since I go "doink" into the love seat when I charge into it. "Doink" is a big word in my vocabulary. "Doink," for those of you who don't know, is a colorful football expression popularized by John Madden. Here is a video featuring the word doink in the title:

No comments: