Monday, March 29, 2004

Grammy's Visit

Click here to see some photos from my Grammy's visit!


My Grammy flew on an airplane to visit me the other week. I really enjoyed having her here. She came with me to Kindergym and "preschool" (a mommy and me pre-preschool experience) and I showed her around. We also went to the Oakland Zoo together, where we saw cool animals like giraffes, camels, and elephants. We spent lots of time at the attached little kids amusement park too, where we all rode the choo-choo together and I took many rides on the neat cars that go around and around in a circle. I chose a different car most times, but my favorite is still a shiny blue roadster.

Like me, Grammy seems to like STOP signs quite a bit, and we enjoyed pointing out each one we saw and anticipating when the next one would show up. This is a fun game on the local streets, but less satisfying on the freeway, where the cars so fast and don't stop often. I am very happy that I can see a stop sign right outside my window over the backyard fence!

Mommy, Grammy and I went on a big adventure her last weekend here. We drove to Monterey to see the fishies there who live at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Since it's a 2 hour drive, we stayed overnight at a motel in nearby Seaside, where I got to sleep in my Pack n Play. I was very happy to see it and sleep in it again!

The aquarium was neat with huge tanks of fishies, plants, otters, penguins, etc. There was a dark little space you could climb up and view the penguins away from the crowds, and I declared that the penguins seen from that spot "Aidan's penguins." We watched the otters play with toys and eat lunch. That was fun too. I have a book at home that I really like called, A lot of Otters, and so I really looked forward to visiting the otters. We all came home with otter merchandise.

On the way back to the car after the aquarium, we spotted a big, brightly lit carousel. I decided to take a ride despite my year-long fear of carousel horses. (This despite my love of horsies everywhere else!) Anyway, while at first I was going to sit on the bench on the carousel, with a little coaxing a chose a white horse this time and had a great time. Then I chose a grey horse for the next ride! I would have chosen an apricot colored horse next, but mommy insisted that out long day was coming to an end, and we went to our "green car" and rode home. It was a very fun day! I miss Grammy!

No comments: