Monday, December 01, 2003

Habitot

Yesterday we went to a place called Habitot in Berkeley. This is a cool, hands-on "museum" built especially for guys my size. I was immediately impressed with the Brio train table at the entrance to the place. I liked to turn the rotating bridge around and around. Occasionally, other children would try to drive a train over the bridge. I liked to set the bridge sideways so the trains would derail. Boom!

Next, we visited the store, where I picked up all manner of pretend fruit and other items. My favorite was something called a matzo, which looked like a giant cracker. Mmmm.

Then we headed for the water play area. Unfortunately, Mommy and Daddy made me wear a plastic smock so I wouldn't get too wet. I did not like the smock at all. It seemed scary the way it tied around me. Water play was lots of fun though. I got to pour water down a homemade waterfall and let my friend, a plastic fishy, swim in the current.

Next, we headed for the art area. I made a lovely piece---it's a piece of cardboard covered with aluminum foil. On it, I painted using glittery glue. Then I stuck some sequins and other sparkly things on the glue. Finally, and best of all, I got to stick lots of feathers on it. I loved the feathers and wanted to put all of them on my piece, but there wasn't enough glue or space to fit them. Still, it's a really nice piece. Maybe I'll get Daddy to scan it and put it up on my website.

I like Habitot!

No comments: