Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Unwrapping Gifts

As I mentioned, Christmas comes early in California. I got up Sunday morning dressed in my Christmas jammies. The house was quiet and only Daddy was up with me at the time. Anyway, we came into the living room and I asked for the little tree to be turned on. "On, on," I said while pointing at the tree. Mommy tells me that she got the little tree from her Mommy while she was sick just before I was born. Anyway, Mommy came out and we all went down to light the big tree. I was shocked and delighted to find a whole load of presents under the tree. Apparently, Santa had come the night before. (Daddy says that this staggered Christmas schedule in Cali is due to all the traffic on the roads here. Santa has to go out early to avoid the congestion.)

I quickly hit upon the biggest box I could find and tore it open. Fortunately, nearly all of the boxes were for me, so choosing randomly, I was still likely to get one of my presents. Last year, I had a hard time tearing through all the wrapping paper. Not this year. I have a method to unwrapping gifts---here it is. When you first see a present, you have to find the spot on the box where the bow is located. Then you exclaim "bow, bow!" This is followed by disemboweling the bow. Then it's on to ripping the wrapping paper off of the present. In the case of the first gift, this revealed a Fisher-Price farm! Now comes the part where Mommy and Daddy have to help. There job is to get the gift out of its box and assembled as quickly as possible. "Off, off" I say as they open the box. They got out all the animals including my favorite, the piggy. Then they put the farm together for me. After that, it's time to play.

One of the best things about the farm is the dance area. There's a little spot on the floor of the barn where, if the little people step on it, it plays some great songs. I like to have the little people dance to the music. Sometimes I ask Mommy and Daddy to make them dance so tat I can be free to stand up and dance along with the music too.

Christmas is great!

No comments: