Thursday, December 04, 2003

A little night music

Last night was not a fun one for me. Daddy put me to bed, which is never as good as when Mommy does it. Initially, I was quite distraught over the prospect, but after many pages of The Cat in the Hat, I settled down. In fact, I was so tired that I requested that Daddy turn off the light so I could sleep. This all went well until around 9:30pm, when I awoke again. I was not happy to still be in my crib and wanted to get up and play. Mommy kept telling me it was sleepytime as I called to her. She would pick me up from time to time and even change me, but still I was unhappy. I continued to call out increasingly unhappy until around 11pm. Then Daddy came in the room and picked me up. I didn't want him to pick me up, but decided after a short while it was okay. We went into the kitchen for a glass of warm milk. I liked watching the microwave turn round and round. "Ding" went the microwave. "Ding" I said back to it. After I got back into the crib with my milk, I was much happier. I took a few sips and went straight to sleep.

No comments: