Monday, December 08, 2003

Party!

Today was my 2nd birthday party. My actual birthday is on December 30, but I had a kids' party today so that my friends could celebrate with me (since many will be elsewhere celebrating the winter holidays later this month). I've been watching an Elmo's World video featuring birthday parties lately to get myself ready for today. Daddy's birthday in November was also a good practice run. The big take-aways from Daddy's birthday and my Elmo video are that people give you nice things that often have bows attached and that candles and cake are involved. Last night, when Mommy reminded me that I would have a party today, I told her, "bow" and "Elmo" to let her know that I was ready.

Anyway, I was in excellent spirits for my party. We talked about my friends coming over and I was excited to show them my ball pit. I enjoy the ballpit immensely myself. I had 5 friends come to my party: Jaren, Chloe, Sophie, Emmersen, and McKenna. (Sam called in sick this morning, unfortunately!) Chloe's baby brother was there too, as were all the mommies and my Daddy. We played in my ballpit and with my other toys. Mommy also led us all in circle time with some songs about balls as we rolled the balls around. Then we had lunch. Spinach quiche (baked by Daddy!), fruit salad, cheese and crackers, and pita bread dipped in hummus. (I skipped the hummus myself.) After lunch, everyone sang "Happy Birthday" while I blew out the candles on my platter of cupcakes (iced to look like baseballs). Then we all ate our cupcakes and did some more playing before opening gifts. I got some great books and Wiggles' stuff, all of which I took into my room so that it could "rest" in the chair while I napped in my crib. Birthday parties are fun, but they sure do tire a guy out!

No comments: