Monday, July 21, 2003

It's a long drive...

Yesterday I got to go to my first major league baseball game. I saw the Giants play the Rockies at Pacific Bell Park in San Francisco. I'm a really cheap date for baseball games---free---since I'm under age 2. We had great seats, only nine rows back for the action on the thrid base line. There were lots of highlights at the game. For me, the best part was the big clock in center field. Here's a not so good picture Daddy found on the web. Often, I enjoyed pointing and calling everyone's attention to the glory of the big clock. Tick tock tick tock. One of the other exciting features of the park is the sheer number of people wearing hats. I liked to turn to the rows above us and point out all the people wearing hats. One person in the row behind realized I was pointing at his hat and would put his hands on his hat to signify that he too realized he was wearing a hat. I'd put my hands on my hat and we took turns for a while. Some other exciting things that I got to see include a huge Coke bottle and baseball mitt. While not as cool as the clock and many hats, they are fun too.

We saw an exciting slugfest. The first homer I've ever seen in my life came off the bat of Todd Helton. Daddy says he is a "sweet swinging lefty" and encouraged me to watch his swing closely. Helton hit a towering fly to right, but didn't quite hit it far enough to go into the water. Later in the game, a substitute catcher, Alberto Castillo, hit a grand slam home run. Daddy said I was lucky to see such an event although I didn't feel all that lucky. While I like clapping to the music and the general roar of the crowd, I get scared when things get too loud, as they did when he hit the grand slam.

Still, it was a great time. I got to eat lots of veggie booty and also got to drink some fresh from the ballpark lemonade. Mommy actually got the lemonade for herself, but I ended up having most of it. Mommy and Daddy went with our friends Matt Goff and Patty Chang. I liked feeding Patty veggie booty since she always seemed hungry to me.

BTW, the Giants won!

No comments: