Thursday, July 10, 2003

Doctor Visit

Yesterday, I had another unpleasant visit to the doctor. I had to wait a really long time (I don't like waiting) and then at the end of this, the reward I got was some unpleasant shots that left me limping for a time. I did, however, learn that I'm fast catching up to other children the same age as me. I'm now in the 45th percentile in height, the 40th percentile in weight, and, of course, the 90th percentile in head size. I think this last statistic might be from all the compliments I receive.

Mommy also talked to the doctor about various things she worries about. (Mommy's job is to worry about me.) She was concerned with my vegetarian ways (after all, I was born and raised in California); however the doctor allayed her fears and said that by growing I was demonstrating my ability to gobble up those proteins. She also ominously talked about my nighttime routine. You see, usually, I go to bed with a bottle of nice, warm milk and a song. Apparently, the bottle is supposed to be out of the mix before too long. That will be a sad day.

No comments: