Monday, June 03, 2002

More Milestones

I hit some more developmental milestones over the weekend. Since it had been a while since I've been in my big swing, Mommy decided to put me in it on Sunday morning. She also wanted to make sure that I was not bored, so on the little tray at the front of the swing, she placed my stuffed Eeyore rattle. When she next came into the room, she was astonished to find that I had picked up the stuffed Eeyore from the tray and was playing with it. This reaching out and taking things that are not simply placed in my hands is a new thing for me. I've been trying my new skill out on lots of objects---the hanging squeeze toys in my gymini, the plastic stars and mirrors on my swing and in my bouncy seat, I'll even reach out and grab my Daddy's hand as he's giving me a bottle. Grabbing things is great! These hands sure are useful.

I also had an almost milestone yesterday. While I was lying on my back on the ground, I got interested in what my Mommy was doing on the couch to my right, so I leaned over to see. In fact, I leaned over so far that I nearly turned over.

No comments: