Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pokemon Cards

I'm totally into Pokemon cards these days. I picked up a world champion deck from Target about 2 weeks ago and have been crushing Dad with it ever since. In fact, this motivated Daddy to get his own champion pack (a different one from mine), so he could compete.

This got me thinking as to which of my decks is the best. So I decided to hold a tournament. Apart from the 2 champion decks, I have 8 regular decks of Pokemon Cards, so we paired each of them off and set up a single elimination tournament. We decided to play a short form version of the game (only 3 prize cards rather than 6) and this has produced some very exciting games. In the first battle, one of the decks had fainted two Pokemon and was one hit away from victory. But the other decks rallied back and managed to knock out the rival's third Pokemon just in the nick of time. What a super close battle. We've already got 2 decks in the semi-finals. We'll see who the other two decks are that make it here as well.

No comments: