Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pinewood Derby

 

It's pinewood derby season once again. I wanted to choose the thinnest possible design so as to be more aerodynamic. I noticed that thin designs seemed to dominate last year's Blackhawk 500 (the regional pinewood race). So this year's entry is the Pikachu-mobile. It's nice and yellow (though lots of graphites dirties it a bit). I was excited for race day. Things went well in the heats. I wond 3 out of 5 races I competed in.

Then disaster struck. Normally, the 5 fastest cars compete in the finals. This year, however, they screwed up the computer settings and only ran the top 3. Despite desperate pleadings from Mommy and Daddy and other parents whose kids were "on the bubble," they didn't end up fixing this, so I did not get to compete in the finals. That made me really upset since my car was the 5th fastest in the heats and would have been a strong contender in the finals. Still, we did pretty well finishing 5th overall.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: