Monday, February 07, 2011

Pinewood Derby

 
Just over a week ago, the Pinewood Derby was held. My chief mechanic (Mom) and I worked to build the fastest car ever. It is the gold one in the picture above. We worked very hard for maximum speed. We sanded the wheels (one of them melted and we had to get a replacement), polished the axles, and put all sorts of weights toward the back of the car to just hit the weight limit. Within my bear pack, I won a couple of races and came in second as well. That got me to the overall finals where I competed against the best cars from the whole troop. My car finished first in the finals--I was the fastest overall car at the derby! Now, it's on to the Blackhawk 500, the regional pinewood event. I am speed!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mum said...

Hi, Aidan,
That's a fine-looking race car! Congratulations on your win!
Love,
Nainnie