Monday, February 07, 2011

Lemonade Stand

 
It was a beautiful weekend this weekend, sunny and in the 70s. A perfect time to open my first lemonade stand of 2011. On SAturday night, Daddy and I went out and bought lemons and cups. We got up early on Sunday and made our first batch, then set up shop on the corner to attract people going to church, walkers, joggers, and bicyclists. I ramped up the marketing a couple of ways. First, I made three signs to place around the neighborhood advertising the stand. Then, I put on my Hines Ward shirt and got out my two football helmets to tie in to "Super Bowl Style" lemonade. I had a lot of good sales pitches. Some of the best were: Stock up now for your Super Bowl party. Lemonade. It's super delicious. I also talked about how it was fresh squeezed and homemade.

Business was brisk. I sold 2 and a half pitchers---about 35 cups. I made about 30 bucks too. I'm really motivated to raise money since Nintendo is bringing out the 3DS protable platform at the end of March. It features a 3D screen that doesn't even need special glasses to produce 3D effects. It also works with my DS games. Unfortunately, it costs $250, so it's pretty expensive. I've set aside mooney for the 3DS fund, including my lemonade money.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: